The French public health agency for the Paris region has informed hospitals that they must suspend the application of the first dose of the vaccine against COVID – 19 as of February 2 due to supply shortages, as revealed to the agency Reuters a person familiar with the matter.
The agency informed the hospitals that injections of the second follow-up dose would continue and that only vaccines would be provided for that purpose, but that first doses would no longer be delivered to hospitals in the Paris region, said the source.
The health agency ARS of the Île-de-France region told the hospitals that no would administer first injections from Tuesday due to the “extreme shortage of vaccines and the need to guarantee Make the second injection for people already vaccinated . The Paris region’s public health agency and the Ministry of Health did not immediately respond to the agency’s request for comment.
Meanwhile, the authority of the Hauts-de-France region, in northern France, had previously said that it was delaying until the first week of March the injection of the first doses scheduled for early February due to the Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine supplies shortage.
Measure had to ensure that people who received the first dose in January could receive the second.
It is little Nursing home residents are likely to be affected by the change because most have already received the first dose, but the change would affect people older than 75 years that do not live in these institutions and health workers who have not yet received or your first dose.
The Ministry of Health said Wednesday that until 26 of January had been administered a total of 1, 13 million first doses and 6. 153 second doses.
More of 70. 01 0 dead
On the other hand, the Government of France has assumed that the reinforcement of the curfew, which begins at 13. 00 hours, not enough to stop the third wave of coronavirus cases and already shuffles “different scenarios” , among which is a “harsh confinement.”
The Government spokesman, Gabriel Attal, explained at the end of the Council of Ministers that he presides The Frenchman, Emmanuel Macron, has asked for “additional analysis” before making a final decision, which was initially expected for this Wednesday.
The options that are on the table range “from maintaining the current frame to very harsh confinement,” according to Attal. However, the official sees it as “unlikely” that the current restrictions will not be tightened, given that measures such as the curfew have had “relative effectiveness” .
The Executive – which plans to make a decision on Monday at the latest – believes that the current measures are not enough to break the curve because, with the new variants, infections advance “at a significant rate.” The British strain already represents the 11 percent of the cases detected in the metropolitan region of Paris and France have already accumulated more than 3 million positives since the beginning of the pandemic.
In the last day they have been registered in the country 26. 916 infections. Since Tuesday, other 351 people have died, so the figure total amounts to 74.
deceased, of which 52. 218 would have died in the country’s hospitals.
The positivity rate is around 7.1 percent, although a hundred departments are in a situation of “vulnerability”, according to the latest balance of the Ministry of Health.
Despite the number of vaccinations, in the last week the hospitals have registered 11. 271 entries, of which 1. 789 are patients who have had to be admitted to intensive care units.
With information from EuropaPress and Reuters